Math Project (Year 3, Semester 2 – 2012)
Hello 3rd Year Students!
This post is going to outline your requirements for this semester’s math project.
This is a group presentation. You will be randomly assigned to groups of 4 or 5. Each member will have different responsibilities:
- Group Work: Decide on a useful math topic to teach other students.
- Member 1: Find or make a word problem.
- Member 2: Setup the notation for calculation.
- Member 3: Calculate with Wolfram Alpha
You can find some excellent examples here (http://www.wolframalpha.com/examples/Math.html)
- Member 4: Check the answer & explain why it makes sense.
- Member 5: Prepare additional visuals or handouts to aid understanding.
- Create your finished PowerPoint
- Upload your PowerPoint to Scribd.com
- Post the link to your PowerPoint in this post with your class number & student numbers
Everything must be submitted BEFORE MIDTERMS
Presentations will begin sometime AFTER MIDTERMS
Watch the video below to see all of the steps you need to take from start to finish.